Continental Corporation Thesis Security of low level communication layers of connected vehicle in Toulouse, France
About Continental With sales of €40.5 billion in 2016, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 220,000 employees in 56 countries. Information management in and beyond the vehicle is at the very heart of the Interior division. The product portfolio for different types of vehicles includes: instrument clusters, multifunctional and head-up displays, control units, access control and tire-information systems, radios, infotainment systems, input devices, control panels, climate control units, software, cockpits as well as services and solutions for telematics and Intelligent Transportation Systems. The Interior division employs more than 43,000 people worldwide and generated sales of approximately €8.3 billion in 2016.
Auto req ID 63363BR
Job Title Thesis Security of low level communication layers of connected vehicle
Posting Location Toulouse
At Continental, we’re working to make mobility clean, intelligent and safe.
Continental Digital Services France (CDSF) is a new entity dedicated to take up this innovation challenge in a unique way, achieving a fusion between on-board and collective intelligence in our collaborative platform.
With one of our Lighthouse project – eHorizon – we want to provide connected and autonomous vehicles with the ability to “see” beyond the reach of their sensors (and obstacles, corners, etc). By “crowdsensing” data from all vehicles, our platform can generate smarter insights and enable both on- and off-board systems to make better decisions.
We’re also working on imagining, developing and deploying new mobility services that will seamlessly be integrated in people’s overall experience with digital services in their personal, social or professional lives, especially in smart cities.
We’re convinced that our success depends on our team members and our culture. We’re looking for talented candidates to join our multidisciplinary agile teams (IoT, Cloud, Big Data, DevOps, Data Science, embedded software, cybersecurity, high-definition maps, mobile networks, etc). We foster passionate individuals driven by curiosity and innovation willing to have a real impact on future mobility services.
We have numerous open positions for junior as well as senior profiles. We’ve started to publish a few typical job descriptions (product owner, architect, junior and senior software engineers, agile coach, machine learner) in which you could recognize yourself. In any case, if you feel attracted by our human and technological adventure, don’t hesitate to contact us explaining how you would help us!
• Thesis work (3 years) advised by Eric Alata, Daniela Dragomirescu, Mohamed Kaâniche, and Vincent Nicomette from LAASCNRS.
• Thesis work is related to the introduction just over.
• Participation to the work of the team in charge of task 2.2.4 of the eHorizon project.
• Time shared between the Continental site in Toulouse and LAASCNRS.
• Thesis cofunded by ANRT.
• Engineer or Master 2 in computer science with specific skills in security and telecommunications.
• Good programming skills (C/C++, Java, Python).
• Good knowledge on networks (TCP/IP, wireless technologies (WIFI, Bluetooth, ...).
• Good knowledge on tools for network analysis (Wireshark, libpcap, …).
• Knowledge in signal processing and SDR (Software Defined Radio) technologies would be appreciated.
• Strong experience in software development with Linux.
• Good level in English.
• Dynamic, you can take initiatives, and you are a good teammate.
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.