Google Technical Specialist, Ads, Google Technical Services in Paris, France
Behind every advertising campaign at Google are systems to make it run. Behind every system is the Ad Serving Operations team to make sure that happens flawlessly. As a member of the team, you are a technical consultant with the dual role of being both client-facing and growing systems from the back-end. An expert in our tools and operations, you provide support, answer field inquiries and troubleshoot client issues. Beyond client-facing issues, your expertise also gives you the insight to recommend product and system improvements to our engineering teams. Your interactions on both sides ensure that when clients advertise with Google, their back-end systems never miss a beat.
DoubleClick Ad Exchange (AdX) is the nerve centre of Google’s display advertising strategy. AdX was one of the world’s first cross-format, real-time marketplace to buy and sell display ads. Today it continues to redefine media-buying experience for Advertisers and Agencies around the world. At the core of this platform is Real-Time Bidding (RTB) - a technology that enables AdX Buyers to evaluate and bid on each available impression in real-time, using their own data.
As a Technical Specialist, you are an expert problem solver. You will manage Chief Technology Officer-level relationships with strategic clients to ensure they meet their online ad serving objectives while simultaneously growing the Ad Exchange. You will also operate cross-functionally with Sales, Technical Support, Product Management, Product Marketing and Policy teams to deliver on common goals. An expert in our tools and operations, you will provide support, answer and field enquiries and troubleshoot client issues. Beyond client-facing issues, your expertise also gives you the insight to recommend product and system improvements to the core team. Your interactions on both sides ensure that when clients advertise with Google, their back-end systems never miss a beat.
Google Technical Services is a global support and operations team, with a mission to delight our customers with care so good, it’s got to be Google. Our team is the face of Google to most of our customers, and we want their Google support experience to set new standards, just like Google’s products do. Our team cares for customers by solving problems and scaling solutions, incubating new Google products, and sharing user feedback with internal teams to influence product development. We support a wide variety of products, from Ads to Project Fi and just about everything in between, and our customers include advertisers, consumers, partners, publishers, retailers, and our own Sales Googlers.
- Provide consulting services and sharing best practices to clients.
- Work with core team to develop strategy, including best practices, change management and optimization analysis.
- Conduct technical walk-throughs and implementation of new product features as they relate to client product usage.
- Collaborate with the regional and global Sales and Services teams or lead efforts to monitor exchange activity and track performance.
- Ensure project team, internal management, and external customers are provided with appropriate, timely, and accurate project information and status updates. Identify delays, budget, or technical quality concerns so they can be proactively addressed.
- Experience working with SQL.
- Experience working in a client-facing capacity.
- Ability to speak and write in English and French fluently and idiomatically.
- Familiarity with the ad serving industry, ad exchanges, and networks.
- Knowledge of Google platforms (DBM, DFA, DS3, DFP, AdWords a definite advantage)
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible/adaptable in exercising judgment in a dynamic matrix environment and able to manage competing priorities.
- Proven ability to drive projects to a successful and timely conclusion.
- Ability to absorb complex technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience effectively.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.