Google Analytics Lead, Market Insights, EMEA in Paris, France
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Hamburg, Germany; Paris, France
As an Analytics Lead on the Market Insights team, you develop and implement Google’s marketing research vision. This research will inform future marketing strategy and help businesses to make the most of the web. You understand consumers, have analytical horsepower and business judgment and define and prioritize research projects that illustrate and support the impact of advertising and media. You have experience drafting surveys, constructing marketing tests and driving the design and implementation of quantitative and qualitative studies. You support research stakeholders from sales, marketing and product teams, as well as manage relationships with external research agencies.
In this role, you will help develop and implement Google’s marketing research vision by leading the EMEA Market Insights Analytics function. An expert in a broad spectrum of data processing and analytical techniques you’ll have experience leading complex projects, and advising, mentoring and developing more junior analysts.
You’ll work with a wide range of senior management in Marketing, Sales and Product, identifying opportunities for analytics to aid them achieve their objectives, and then direct the scoping, execution and delivery of these high profile and impactful projects. You’ll provide thought leadership and communicate technical concepts and opportunities to a wide audience.
You’ll have broad influence within Google, managing the other analysts in the EMEA Market Insights team and playing an active role in Google’s broader analytics community.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Lead the EMEA Market Insights (MI) Analytics function, working with other MI leaders, and senior management in Marketing, Sales and Product to set quarterly and annual objectives for the function consistent with our broader MI priorities
- Design, scope and lead execution of the projects required to achieve these objectives, identifying the appropriate data sources and statistical techniques required to deliver output of high value, and ensuring all work undertaken by EMEA MI Analytics meets Google’s high bar for analytical rigor
- Manage EMEA MI’s more junior analysts, setting their longer term objectives, providing day to day guidance and mentoring, reviewing the technical details of their work and aiding their development on both analytical and commercial dimensions
- Collaborate with other analytical and research teams across Google to ensure Market Insights stays abreast of relevant work being done in other parts of the organization, realizes value from this work and contribute to the broader analytical community
- Work with appropriate technical teams across Google products to push the limits of what’s possible with our current data sets
- Master's' degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Engineering, Operation Research, Computer Science or related field.
- Experience managing and developing a team of analysts.
- Experience using SQL and one other technical language (E.g. R, Python etc.)
- Analytics experience including, consulting, data science, quantitative and technical.
- PhD in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operation Research, Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in cross-functional or inter-disciplinary settings (e.g. Sales, Marketing, Operations, Engineering).
- Experience with the application of ML to forecasting, clustering or classification problems.
- Mastery level knowledge of SQL and one or more technical languages (e.g. R, Python).
- Deep interest in consumer insight research, online advertising, digital media consumption patterns and branding measurement.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.