Fugro Marine in Nanterre, France
Fugro is the world’s largest integrator of geotechnical, survey, subsea and geosciences services. Services are specifically designed to support engineering design and large structure building projects. Value is created by acquiring and interpreting earth and engineering data to assist offshore oil, gas, and renewable energy industry with the design construction, installation, repair and maintenance of infrastructures.
The office in France (Paris Region) provides consultancy services for offshore, near-shore, and onshore projects worldwide. Our field of expertise consists of providing geotechnical, geophysical and geological consultancy services up to the detailed engineering of foundation solutions and offering assistance to installation of foundations including instrumentation services. We co-operate closely with the Fugro Companies network in view of its international projects.
Of approximately 80 employees, our office is currently looking for recruiting one (01) Geotechnical Engineer to fulfil its consulting business expansion in Marine Oil & Gas sector and in renewable sector as well.
Roles And Responsibilities
The Geotechnical Engineer position further entails, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- coordinate, execute and support geotechnical engineering projects, including writing reports with design recommendations;
- develop and actively transfer geotechnical knowledge internally and externally;
- may provide instrumentation services as part of the assistance to installation of offshore structures foundations. A typical field project requires 2-6 weeks, and engineer may work up to 3 months annually in the field;
- maintain and develop existing Client relationships;
- prepare proposals within agreed responsibility.
The ideal candidate (M or F) is flexible, stress resistant, a self-starter, and has an accurate working practice:
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering or Engineering Geology (M.Sc. level education).
- At least 3 years working in an engineering consultancy, specializing in energy industry (oil & gas and renewable) and/or Civil Engineering and Construction.
- An educational background and interests which demonstrate an affinity with geotechnics and/or other related geo-disciplines.
- Broad interest in geotechnical engineering software including Finite Element Analysis.
- Communication capabilities: this asset is a must for your team work as well as professional transfer of information.
- An international focus is necessary, because you will work in multi-national, multi-cultural teams at locations around the world.
- You must be able to communicate and report (written & spoken) fluently in English, the common industry language and in French.
- Flexibility to stay away from home for limited periods of time and to adapt to schedule changes.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A dynamic working atmosphere in a consulting company part of a large international group.
- A challenging and varied job in an internationally orientated and innovating company.
- A large degree of independence, a role with room for own initiative.
- Opportunity to participate in external and internal courses and develop technical expertise and/or project management skills.
- Opportunity to build up Client relationship.
- Opportunity for career development.
Job ID: 2648
Location: Nanterre, FR
Closing date: Thursday August 31, 2017
Employment status: Experienced Professional
Employment type: Permanent